DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8i (8.1.6) Enterprise Manager Repository

I installed Oracle 8i (816) on NT server.
    Using Enterprise Manager's Configuration Assistant I created repository.

Now, When I logon to Enterprise Manager Console with the username and password (repository owner) and my machine name (Oracle Server) for Management server, I get the error message,
    VKT-1000 Unable to connect to management server ss5057. Please verify that you have entered the correct hostname and the status of Oracle Management Server.

I checked Oracle is running on the machine. Please help me in resolving this.

Wink Oracle Enterprise Manager

I think you've entered the wrong username and password.
    You can't use repository owner to logon to Oracle Enterprise Manager (Version 2). You have to user the OEM users, the default user is 'sysman' and password is 'oem_temp'. You have to change the password and you can create your own OEM user for yourself after you logged on to the console.
    Queyon Zeng

Queyon,

I get the same message when I try to logon using SYSMAN and OEM_TEMP.

management server is the machine name which host Oracle Server, Is this Right?

Your help is appreciated.

Unhappy Oracle Enterprise Manager

If you run OEM for the first time, I'm sure the userid/password is 'SYSMAN/OEM_TEMP'. If you get the same message, check the status of your management server by opening the service dialog.
    Start->Setting->Control Panel->Services
    Look for "OracleOEMManagementServer", if the status is not "Started", then start it up. You'll be able to connect.
    Queyon Zeng

Thanks Queyon, Thanks a lot.

I never thought it Enterprise Manager is configured as a service. It is working now.

Thanks.