DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Import/export problem..URGENT

Hi : I am trying to do an import of a *.dmp exported from a solaris environment 8.1.6 to a Win NT Oracle 8.1.5.

What I did was: Exported a schema/user from solaris 8.1.6 called billing.dmp and ftp'd into my NT box. Created a schema/user with same name as solaris and granted a dba privilege to the user and tried importing..

I am getting the following error:
    Import file: EXPDAT.DMP > billing.dmp

Enter insert buffer size (minimum is 8192) 30720>

IMP-00010: not a valid export file, header failed verification
    IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

What should I do ??
    Thanks
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

In your case it looks like there is a block size miss match or file corruption. A word of advice is that, when you specify the block size for a database it would be a multiple of 4. But it is no point of changing , b'cos oracle will not allow you to change that block size and don't even try it, it is a one time operation done at the time of instance creation. One other think that you might want to take a look is that of the type of ftping you did. ASCII/BINARY. I would suggest to try both. Also, check to see whether there is any export for 8.1.5 in 8.1.6. If so, use that to do your export and then you could use the 8.1.5 import.

So, try doing the export again for a schema, then ftp the file with the right type and then try the import again.

Hope this would help you.
    Sam

[Edited by sambavan on 02-07-2001 at 02:20 PM]
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!