DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Revoke Select on permissions from all tables and Views

Revoke Select on permissions from all tables and Views

Hello all,
    Three things: 1 I need to display all tables/views with select permissions 2 I need to revoke select for these tables/views except for DBO 3 I need to verify they are removed. This requirement is from a Appdetective scan i have been tasked to remediate. FINDING is Permission to select from system table. Suggested remediation is:No permissions should be granted on these tables (System views in SQL Server 2005 and later). Only database administrators should have access to select from these tables or views, which they have automatically since they are mapped to the dbo user and are the system table or views owners. To revoke permissions from the system tables or system views, execute the following command for each permissions found: REVOKE SELECT ON [table/view] FROM [user or group] CASCADE . I am using SQL 2016 Please help a Novice DBA

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Hello all,
    Three things: 1 I need to display all tables/views with select permissions 2 I need to revoke select for these tables/views except for DBO 3 I need to verify they are removed. This requirement is from a Appdetective scan i have been tasked to remediate. FINDING is Permission to select from system table. Suggested remediation is:No permissions should be granted on these tables (System views in SQL Server 2005 and later). Only database administrators should have access to select from these tables or views, which they have automatically since they are mapped to the dbo user and are the system table or views owners. To revoke permissions from the system tables or system views, execute the following command for each permissions found: REVOKE SELECT ON [table/view] FROM [user or group] CASCADE . I am using SQL 2016 Please help a Novice DBA
    I hope your question was answered here.
    So that will be helpful for me as well.