DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: export dump file not longer than 2GB on AIX

Hello Friends!

I am doing a process of the reorganization on a database wich size is already 400 GB; the database Oracle support a system R/3 (SAP 40B). I am using the tools of SAP for the reorganization process (SAPDBA); the operating system is AIX 4.3.2.0 and the reorganization process uses the method export/import. The size of the dump file generated for el export is about 4GB ( I have probed the creation of the file with this size through the operating system and it is possible). The parameter max_dump_file_size into the init file is correctly posted and samely the buffer size of the export. We have Oracle 8.1.6.2.0 and it´s not possible to create a dump file longer than 2GB. I would know why does it occur on AIX? are there any solution?. I am finding a solution to create the dump file with the size 4GB and I have seem the options into the SAP for chop the file with the size appropriate.
    Thanks for your help
    oal

If your OS is 32 bit, then it MAY not support > 2 GB file size.

Hi,

Max_Dump_File_Size cannot help you with Export utility. You should use FILESIZE parameter in the command line or in the parameter file to specify maximum export file size.

Sergey.

Hi,

AIX 4.3.2 supports 64GB file. You can create large file enebled file-system and then change the hard & soft file limit for the ORACLE users orasid. Create your export file in the large file enabled file system.

You may have to change the file limit set in sapdba parameter file too.

Baliga