DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: decrypt

Hybrid View

Angry decrypt

hi all

how to decrypt all the functions & procedures code in an oracle 11gr2 dbase?
    I have no decryption password .... the person who used to work with the db had traveled overseas and its impossible to reach him.

plz help......

which encryption used

hi
    I have a oracle 11g which I couldn't read the functions and procedures code knowing that I own the database and I have full dba power.

how I know who encrypted these procedures?
    what encryption was used?
    how to decrypt these codes?

urgent... plz help

Angry decrypt the function code

hi
    I have a oracle 11g where Im unable to read any function or procedures code as I guess they are either encrypted or warped .... I have never used this facilities in oracle before. someone else was working on this dbase before me and he left.
    knowing that I own the database and I have full dba power.

how I know who encrypted these procedures/functions code?
    what encryption was used?
    how to decrypt these codes?

urgent... plz help

If your stored procedures are wrapped (encrypted), you can either search for the unwrapped source code on your companies servers, or google for a program to unwrap the code. Make sure that you have searched everywhere on your companies network first, because you might find older versions of the code and additional supporting documentation that might help you understand the program.

You may also want to log onto the computers that the previous programmers used to see if there is anything there as well. But you should be able to unwrap the stored procedures if needed. Of course if someone really wants to make it hard to read the code and understand the business logic they can name objects in a random or confusing way. So getting an ERD diagram and documenting what data is stored where and what the relationships are is critical.

Also you should not cross post the same issue to several different areas.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...pped%20package

Cool

. . . I guess they are either encrypted or warped ....
    Definitely warped....Check your visitor messages in your profile.
    Last edited by LKBrwn_DBA; 11-05-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb