DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Migration of Oracle 9i db on HP-UX to 10g db on a Soalris environment

Hybrid View

Migration of Oracle 9i db on HP-UX to 10g db on a Soalris environment

Hi experts,

I am part of a migration proj where an Oracle 9i db on a HP-UX OS is going to be upgraded and migrated as 10g db on a solaris OS environment.I am from the application team and we are yet to allocate a DBA for this.

We are still in the requirements stage.Can you please let me know the different requirements,challenges that should be taken care from a DBA perspective.

Thanks
    nvln.

In no particular order, DBA will take care of migrate and upgrade your database.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Hi PAVB,

Thanks for the response.The DBA will take care of the process once he is inducted into the time.But meanwhile we are preparing the requirements documnet for presenting it to the client.So, could you please let me know the real time challenges that can be encountered during such a migration or any common errors or issues which are likely to occur.

Thanks,
    nvln.

Quote Originally Posted by nvln View Post
    Thanks for the response.The DBA will take care of the process once he is inducted into the time.But meanwhile we are preparing the requirements documnet for presenting it to the client.So, could you please let me know the real time challenges that can be encountered during such a migration or any common errors or issues which are likely to occur.
    That's a very bad idea actually - your DBA should be the one writting down LOE and scope of work.

We gladly volunteer our time here to answer questions but I don't remember doing free-consulting was part of the deal
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.