DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: upgrade from 9i to 10gr2 clob data

upgrade from 9i to 10gr2 clob data

I have a table with 4 clob records (application data and not dictionary). It apperas as "Lossy Conversion" Exception Type. How do I handle this before i upgrade?

Thanks in advance,
    vpons

CSSCAN isn't it? please post fromchar/tochar values.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

[Database Scan Parameters]

Parameter Value
    ------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------
    CSSCAN Version v1.2
    Instance Name SUNCONV
    Database Version 9.2.0.8.0
    Scan type Full database
    Scan CHAR data? YES
    Database character set WE8ISO8859P1
    FROMCHAR WE8ISO8859P1
    TOCHAR al32utf8
    Scan NCHAR data? NO
    Array fetch buffer size 1000000
    Number of processes 3
    Capture convertible data? NO
    ------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------

al32utf8 is not a binary superset of WE8ISO8859P1; check Metalink Note #260192.1
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

al32utf8 is not a binary superset of WE8ISO8859P1; check Metalink Note #260192.1

WE8MSWIN1252 is a binary superset of WE8ISO8859P1. So I need to first convert clob data to WE8MSWIN1252. Metalink Note #260192.1 does suggest the same. If this is right, could you please let me know the steps involved to convert from

WE8ISO8859P1 to WE8MSWIN1252 and then to al32utf8? Should I do fix the Lossy first? I still have to handle dictionary "convertible data" (sys.source$, sys.metastylesheet and sys.external_tab$).

Thanks,
    vpons