DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Metrics "Global Cache Blocks Lost" is at 5

Exclamation Metrics "Global Cache Blocks Lost" is at 5

Hi,

Please help me out...

I have 2 instance 10g RAC DB on AIX, in Oracle EM I am getting following message, we search in google but I am undersand why this comming.

"Metrics "Global Cache Blocks Lost" is at 5"

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
    dba

You are getting timeouts on Global Cache, requests are not completing on time then they timeout.
    Most probably you are experiencing interconnect issues or you really have huge levels of activity in your database.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Exclamation

Dear Paul,

Thanks, we have less then 10 users and I don't find any huge level activities on my db.

interconnected nodes: we have 2 instances & we are connected directly not through any switches.

Please advice how to check and resolve this issues.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by muzammil.dba
    interconnected nodes: we have 2 instances & we are connected directly not through any switches.
    I would check or replace both NICs and also the cable; it looks like your issue is connectivity related and looking at your setup those are your network components.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Exclamation

Dear Paul,

Thanks for support, I have to change Network interconnected cable between two instance ??.

where I have to check network setup components, plz. advice.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Check network cards, connectors and cable; most probably you have a faulty network component. Let your network guy take a look at them.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

See below link...

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thre...sageID=2193638

This guy is also facing kind of same issue like you.
    He tried his connectivity by transefrring big file between servers.

You can also check like that and put proper facts infront of your NA
    Rgds
    Parag