DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DBMS Scheduler - Details

DBMS Scheduler - Details

We all might know that, to stop collecting automatic statistics, we disable the scheduler job by issuing the following:
    BEGIN
    DBMS_SCHEDULER.DISABLE('GATHER_STATS_JOB');
    END;

The question is, how to know whether the scheudler is already disabled or not? Which dict table could help me?

Regards

dba_scheduler_jobs.enabled

Thanks Pando. Now I am more curious to understand your observation on followings, if any:

1) Does Oracle 10g really gather statistics automatically? If yes

(a) How frequently does it update statistics?
    (b) Does it analyze all tables in the database everyday on real time basis? Does it follow any kind of mechanism or calculation to gather/analyze satistics for all objects?
    (c) If this parameter is set to TRUE and enabled, does it impact the performance of any Database with high volume of I/O?
    (d) Do you recommend to use this automatic statistics gathering feature in 10g?

2) Or do you still recommend to monitor the change in tables by issuing "alter table monitoring? and then use dbms_stats?

3) Does 10g support "alter table monitoring?
    4) Today I have tried monitoring a table and made bulk insertion .... but I can not see any record for that table in DBA_TAB_MODIFICATIONS.

Any document will be appreciated ..

Regards in advance.

(in my database in is true from the begining and I could see different last_analyzed dates for different table.)

5. Posting Permissions