DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Replication errors

Replication errors

Hi, iam facing the following error during adding a new column in replicated table:

ora-12012: error on auto execute of job 6
    ora-23357: the propagator does not exists
    ora-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_DEFER_SYS" line 1716
    ora-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_DEFER_SYS" line 1804
    ora-06512: at line 1

how to fix these errors.

One more question, can i add a table in replicated schema but this table I don't want to put in replication.

thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by rehan khan
    ora-23357: the propagator does not exists
    xdp304-ddpxdp304: oerr ORA 23357
    23357, 00000, "the propagator does not exist"
    // *Cause: The propagator does not exist.
    // *Action: Register a new propagator.
    //

Quote Originally Posted by rehan khan
    One more question, can i add a table in replicated schema but this table I don't want to put in replication.
    I see, you want to put an square pig in a round hole, isn't it?

Think about it, what schema level replication does?
    Last edited by PAVB; 09-08-2007 at 07:27 PM.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Replication errors

hi, Iam using multimaster replication for 2 sites with 4 master groups. I tried to update a table by adding a new column in one master group. I clicked the submit stop request button in OEM to stop the replication activity of this group, then I updated the table when the status of group was showing "Quesing".

Question: Update should be done only when the status is shown as "Quiesced" ?

There were no errors reported after updating the table through OEM. The Status field shows as "Valid" and the Generation Status shows as "Generated" for the updated table.

Problem: When I crosschecked the table at both the sites, the new column is not added. And now the errors which i mentioned earlier are displayed. And the replication job is also broken due to this there are more transactions waiting to be propagated.

Question: How to solve this problem? and how to register the propagator.

Regards,

Replication errors

Hi, is my replication environment got spoiled by altering a table for a master group without Quescing.

thanks,

Replication errors

hi, now there are around 40,000 transactions to be propagated, the replication job is broken and it is not coming up by executing the command. Kind help is appreciated.

regards,