DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8I questions

8I questions

We have a mature/stable product running on 8i on an NT server. We now have to move to W2K but the version of 8i we have won't install on the W2k server? To make things as easy as possible, I want to install 8i first to make sure evrything still works before migrating to a later version. Does anyone know where I could download a version of *i which will install and run on a W2K server?

TIA

why wont it install, whats the problem

Am off work today so I'll try it again tomorrow and get the actual error message and post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by lencuff
    Am off work today so I'll try it again tomorrow and get the actual error message and post it here.
    This could be the Pentium 4 bug that has been already documented on this site.

The actual error message is --

There was an error during loading

Option is to carry on or stop. If I select stop then it just hangs for ever. Server is an IBM Netfinity BTW.

more info - loading what - what part of the install?

Looks like it may be a bad CD as we get sector errors in the event log. Anyone know where I could lay my hands on a copy of 8i Enterprise (download preferably) ?

Quote Originally Posted by lencuff
    Looks like it may be a bad CD as we get sector errors in the event log. Anyone know where I could lay my hands on a copy of 8i Enterprise (download preferably) ?
    you can get 9i from technet.oracle.com .

You would probably have to log a ticket with Oracle support to get the 8i version.