DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Datapump Import error–While Importing dump file from One Database to another Database

Datapump Import error–While Importing dump file from One Database to another Database

Hi ALL GURUS
    I am using datapump utility (10g R2) to import database from Database A to Database B .While importing datapump export file I am getting following error. Is any body has any idea to avoid these error. One option is to create a same Tablespace as source Database A in target database i.e Database B .
    Import syntax.
    C:> IMPDP system/********@ora1 SCHEMAS=COL1 REMAP_SCHEMA=COL1:COL2 DIRECTORY=DBPUMP_DIR1 DUMPFILE=DUMP_ONLY_SCHEMA_COL1.DMP LOGFILE=DUMP_ONLY_SCHEMA_COL1.log
    Note umpfile DUMP_ONLY_SCHEMA_COL1.DMP has been manually copied to Directory (DBPUMP_DIR1) on target database B.
    Error:
    Failing sql is:
    CREATE TABLE "COL2."."ABC" ("ACCT" VARCHAR2(15) NOT NULL ENABLE, "BUS" VARCHAR2(5) NOT NULL ENABLE, "RECORD" VARCHAR2(2), "ACCO" VARCHAR2(40), "ACCTC” VARCHAR2(40), "CO
    ORA-39083: Object type TABLE failed to create with error:
    ORA-00959: tablespace 'MA_TEST' does not exist
    However when we use original exp/imp we need not to create tablespaces just do fromuser touser is fine.
    Any clue to avoid above error in expdp/impdp.

Regards

there is an option in datapump to remap the tablespaces, cant remmeber the exact parameter off the top of my head though, look atr the docs or impdb help=y for a clue

Thanks for your tips there is a option in Datapump to remap the tablespace i.e.REMAP_TABLESPACE. Therefore when we are do User to User and database to database then one has to define REMAP_SCHEMA as well as REMAP_TABLESPACE.
    e.g.
    C:> IMPDP system/********@ora1 SCHEMAS=COL1 REMAP_SCHEMA=COL1:COL2 REMAP_TABLESPACE=LABTEST1:LABTEST2 DIRECTORY=DBPUMP_DIR1 DUMPFILE=DUMP_ONLY_SCHEMA_COL1.DMP LOGFILE=DUMP_ONLY_SCHEMA_COL1.log