DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Grid control is not showing targets

Grid control is not showing targets

hi
    i have grid control agent installed on windows 2000. i have a 9i database and a 10g database on the same node and i can see and access these from my grind control.
    i have another database 10g on my another windows machine and i installed agent there and my grid control can access that node, agent and database.
    I have one 9.2 database on Red Hat Linux Advance server 4 and i installed agent there and i have a 10g database on another Red Hat Linux Advance server 4 machine and i installed agent there also. My grid control cannot view and access these two linux nodes, agents and databses on these two linux nodes. Agents are running successfullly on these two nodes and when i view the status of agent on these two linux nodes, i see that agent is running successfully and a message "Last successfull heart beat to OMS" displays the time when last tim agent ping tha OMS and it is updated every minute and it means that that my agent is communicating with the OMS but i really cant see these two nodes in my Enterprise Manager Grid Control.
    Is there any conflication that i cannot administor Linux nodes from Windows OMS?
    Regards
    Salman Ahmed Qureshi
    Lahore, Pakistan

To summarise, you've set agents up elsewhere ok, but with these two particular linux nodes, although the agents are discovered in grid, you can't see any of the databases through grid?

Have you tried manually adding the databases through Grid?

Go to setup - agents - click on relevant agent

From here you should be able to add a database/listener etc.

Last resort (you REALLY shouldn't have to do this, the above step should work) is to hack the targets.xml file the target agent uses. Only do this if you know what you're doing.

Bazza