DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Replicating/Manipulation data

Post Replicating/Manipulation data

Hiya all, well sort of new, to all this ORACLE 8i dba stuff, I'm trying to replicate a complete database from the MDS to all other sites............sounds simply !!!

The problem is I want the MDS to know about the other sites(), but the other sites are blank.

Is there anyway I can export/import a database and then make changes to that's site info........

If I haven't confused many people, does anybody know if this can be done ???

james

Wink Help

If anybody knows anything about replication that would be helpful, please leave me a reply to this thread

Quote Originally Posted by jsocool
    Hiya all, well sort of new, to all this ORACLE 8i dba stuff, I'm trying to replicate a complete database from the MDS to all other sites............sounds simply !!!

The problem is I want the MDS to know about the other sites(), but the other sites are blank.

Is there anyway I can export/import a database and then make changes to that's site info........

If I haven't confused many people, does anybody know if this can be done ???

james
    What is MDS?

Tamil

Master defination site, instead of anybody making random changes to data, it is done in one central location. To ensure data is not duplicated with different values therefore giving you errors.

Hi,

it would be a good idea to have all the sites ready before setting up replication. For this, you can definitely export and import data from the database which you would want to be your master definition site into the other databases. Once this is done, you create your master definition site and add the other sites before creating the replication groups and objects.
    thomasp