DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 10g Reports install ?

10g Reports install ?

Last time I used forms/reports it was a full blown client install. I ran the application server install on friday but saw no way to connect a browers. Apparently its still a 'thick' client. I am downloading 1 GB of Developer Suite in the hopes that it will connect to my report service on the application server. I dont see much low level docs on how to set this up.

This does not look good. The cluster on the app server shows a forms container but this is all I see for reports

Reports Server: rep_codc192 [The status of component "Reports Server: rep_codc192" is up.] N/A N/A N/A

Under ports I see 2 that 'might' be for Reports

Reports Services Visigenics CORBA - Reports 14000 14000-14010
    Reports Services SQL*Net for 6i Client 1950 1950-1960

I have no idea if any of this is good or bad.

I opened up a TAR, what would be great is an end-to-end install guide.

Confirmation on the 2 tiers to be installed...

How is Reports installed?
    There are two pieces to Oracle9i Reports - development and deployment. The development environment is installed as part of Oracle9i Developer Suite under the 'Business Intelligence (BI)', 'Rapid Application Development (RAD)', or 'Complete' installation options. Deployment is via Oracle9i Application Server Enterprise Edition (EE) under the 'Business Intelligence' or 'Complete' options.
    Last edited by roadwarriorDBA; 08-02-2005 at 02:00 PM.

If you go to your home page of BI Application server there will be something like demos/sample for reports. Run a sample report to test if reports server is working or not. The URL will be something like http://hostnameort where port will be either 7777 or 7778 or 7779 or 7780. Where you are checking is the enterprise manager browser console which can be used to monitor and manage the containers and applications.

HTH
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

I can run the demo report. If I deposit other reports into the directory it produces errors when I run them.

What is the url that you are giving for running the report ?
    And what is the URL of the demo report ?
    Amar

Hi RoadWarrior,

Sorry to quickly hijack this thread but any chance sending that pdf for 'SQL Server for Oracle DBAs' ??

Thanks

Sorry - I got busy at new job. Will try to send it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by adewri
    If you go to your home page of BI Application server there will be something like demos/sample for reports. Run a sample report to test if reports server is working or not. The URL will be something like http://hostnameort where port will be either 7777 or 7778 or 7779 or 7780. Where you are checking is the enterprise manager browser console which can be used to monitor and manage the containers and applications.

HTH
    http://server:7780/ Takes me to "Welcome to Oracle Business
    Intelligence 10g (10.1.2)"

What would be really helpful is if you could tell me how to get to the pages for the forms&reports install I did. I have no idea where it is.

OK, some ports were coming up from a reboot.

7777-80 are for 10g Application Server 2

7780-82 are for BI

7782-83 are for Application Server and this has demos for Reports.

Are there any other pages for Reports where you can do things like deploy and set security ?

thx

I meant the complete URL for demo like hostname:7780/reports/rwservlet?module=invoice2.rdf&userid=oe/oe@tnsalias&destype=cache&desformat=pdf&p_state=IN

I wanted to check if you are putting the reports in right directory and calling it the right way from the URL.
    Amar