DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hillary in 2008?

Originally posted by gandolf989
    Why can't I have someone who is intellectual, moral, patriotic, and with noble ideals, without being to much of a religous wacko like the neocons?
    Basically because big industry and the lobby groups wouldn't stand for it. They wouldn't want "their man" answering back.

Originally posted by DaPi
    Basically because big industry and the lobby groups wouldn't stand for it. They wouldn't want "their man" answering back.
    Once again I was being facetious as opposed to lugubrious.
    Oh I'm sorry Mr. Hanky, I was being a smart-aleck!

Yes the special interest group will make sure that who ever gets the job of president, will absolutely not deserve it, or if someone good gets in t eh lobbyists will conspire to render that person powerless.

Originally posted by gandolf989
    . . . who ever gets the job of president, will absolutely not deserve it . . .
    I've thought that for a long time :(

Originally posted by DaPi
    I've thought that for a long time :(
    So has Douglas Adams. In the Hithikers Guide to the Galaxy, a 5 part trilogy plus short story, Douglas talks about why anyone who would ever want to be president, should not under any circumstances be allowed to be president. That is why I think we should draft the next president. They wouldn't be owing to anything to anyone, except the program that selected their ssn.

Basically because big industry and the lobby groups wouldn't stand for it.
    ----------
    This was actually an issue and brought to attention by a candidate - Nader - but the system is such that no one would listen or vote as it would split the Dem. vote and the focus was to get rid of Bush.
    The whole process on critical analysis stinks but until this gets into every voter at the grass roots for another movement it will remain !

Polls have become a numbers game manipulated at every turn by special interest groups for their advantage !

Europe has someting called "Proportional representation", I've heard in Sweden where Congress's equivalent is selected on the basis of the percentage of votes recieved nationally by the parties running - maybe someone from Europe could clarify how this works ?

The only fresh approach I've seen recently was former Gov. Jesse Ventura's campaign where it was issues based initially but he too then ultimately ran as a GOP candidate !

David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE