DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OFS & RMAN backup

OFS & RMAN backup

Hi Guys,

Have anyone has configured RMAN backup/Recovery for databases on Oracle Fail safe???.It will be much appriciated if you can provide my some information.

I don't understand why failsafe would affect backups when using failsafe.. please elaborate
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message

Iam using Veritas Agent to backup my database on OFS with no problem.As only one node will be active at any time remember to keep the configuration files on the local disk of both the nodes.If u can explain what exactly u needed then some body can help u.

Thanks Very much for your replies.
    I am thinking of Configuring RMAN using Management Server & Enterprise Management console.

1)Will i have problems in discovering the Node?
    2)When a job is scheduled it always uses Intelligent Agent to run the job.Just in case if the active node fails and uses the secondary node how will the backup scheduled jobs executed.
    3)Will i have any problems in restoring/recovering the database in OFS configured database.I have done RMAN backup/recovery solutions to many of my clients which wasnt an OFS configured.This is my new chanllange.
    4)How to identify which node is active and in which node the database is running on OFS.

Thanks in advance for your answers

This is little bit tricky.
    Why don't u configure the job on a different server and schedule the jobs there?.Suppose u configured OMS and jobs on one node,if this node fails and the resources are moved to different node then definitely ur jobs will fail.That is reason why we configured the agent on a diffrent server and the backup to take place from there.To see which node is active launch the OFS manager.

Thanks for your reply.

Ok.Assume that we have configured jobs to run with the Agent with the node which is not active.Assume that node fails.Anyway Database will be up and running with the primary node,But the backups scheduled to run with secondary node will fail.

Correct me if i am wrong.So I want to configure in a way at any point backups shouldnt fail.

Yes u are right.