DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dropped user recall???

hello,
    suppose i drop a user ,immediately can I revert back to previus state,db is in noarchivelog mode.
    bye

hello,

i am not sure if i got your question right but if you are asking if you can recover the USER (including objects that he/she created) that you previously drop, you have to consider several issues. one, you must have an EXPORT FILE (FULL or USER LEVEL will do) else no way you can recover it. assuming you have one then you can import it using the USER option but the objects/data that will be created is dependent on the time that you EXPORTED your database (only those objects/data that were created up to that time will be recover).

drishti, what do you exactly mean by "back to previous state"?

if you think my answer is irrelevant to your question just ignore it.

i hope this would help you...

cardinal
    "Let's get it on..."

hello,
    I have just issued a drop user command in next moment suppose i found i did some wrong,i can't rollback as rollback segments donot store dropped objects,but redo logs do have the info regarding dropping ,i want to undo this drop operation,can I do that?someway using redologs?

hello,

yeah, you can't roll it back because that is a DDL command. DDL commands are like ORACLE is executing an implicit COMMIT so you can never use the ROLLBACK command to undo your changes. i believe what you need is the backup file before you dropped the USER (latest backup). i think you cannot use your redo logs since you are not using the ARCHIVELOG MODE...

cardinal
    "Let's get it on..."

hello,
    I used the last export dump to get that perticular user from full backup,but i encountered dr.watson error.itis memory problem .but i have enough memory???also I can see memory utilization is not exceeding beyond 60%.though cpu utilization fluctuating between 60-90% during import
    so i had to make full import and lose some data from other users also.

i have oracle 8.1.5 on win-NT .do u know whether dr.watson is a memory error or some other NT error,when i try to do user import from a full database export dump file it comes up,but not when i do full db import.

anybody else have anything to say regarding this????

hello,

can you provide the complete scenario of what you did during IMPORT (user option) and the command that you issued? then, i'll see what i can do to solve your problem...

cardinal
    "Let's get it on..."

Use the buffer parameter when you import.You will not have the problem..
    Radhakrishnan.M

I used both types of import,interactive and command line.but the same consequence.
    interactive mode-
    c:\>imp

username/password:-sys/pwd
    it asked if u want to do full import-no
    username:
    password:

asked all tables or partitions:

then started importing and failed showing the error

then i tried-
    imp sys/pwd file=ghjk.dmp buffer=64000 fromuser=acc touser=acc commit=y
    still the same,do u follow now??

hello,

i think there should be no problem with the way you use the import command and i wonder why there is an error. did you recreate user 'ACC' (touser) before importing the data? i guess the user must exists first in your database before you can use it in the parameter touser='ACC'. can you try this first?

cardinal
    "Let's get it on..."

yes i created the user before import.I think that is NT problem.Really NT sometimes creates lots of problems,as u cannot trace individual process ,it is little bit easy to use,but lot more problematic in troubleshooting of database.