DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Performance problems on oracle9i

Performance problems on oracle9i

Hi All

We have recently moved from Oracle8i to Oracle9i. And we are encountering some problems in database performance. We had few jobs on oracle8i which used run in 2 hrs are now taking almost 9-10 hrs. Can anyone advice me on how to approach or the best way to address this problem. Iam confused and don't really know where to start. If anyone of you faced simillar problems or can guide me to some good documentation, I would be really glad.

Regards
    rajorcl

I think we had a discussion on this last week.

Anyway...have you rebuilt your stats? Have you ran statspack? Have you taken advantage of any new 9i features?
    Oracle it's not just a database it's a lifestyle!
    --------------
    BTW....You need to get a girlfriend who's last name isn't .jpg

Hello,

We are running a shop of peoplesoft with oracle envi.I have faced the same problem after upgrading the database from 8i to 9i.All jobs are running very badly,after analyzing in several aspects,I got a solution.

Change this two parameters:
    ===========================
    optimizer_cost_index_adj=25
    optimizer_index_caching=99

This has drastically improved the performance and brought back to track.I would suggest try this two parameters and later grab all the bad sqls and tune it.

Cheers

Many Thanks

Hi guys many thanks to both you guys. I will start looking into this and follow your advise.

Thank you all
    rajorcl

Hi,

If you have the expertise it will be best if you look into your statspack report to first gether overall DB perfomance stats and find maybe a problem in some init.ora parameter, otherwise try while the job is running to look into v$session_wait view for the sessions of the running jobs. The best approach in tuning as I think is to directly see what is the affected session actually waiting for.

Otherwise if you cannot solve the problem, try sending the problem info to: problem@oracleclinic.com (they charge $19 per solved problem).

Otherwise if you cannot solve the problem, try sending the problem info to: problem@oracleclinic.com (they charge $19 per solved problem).
    what a horrible website, full of grammar and spelling errors.