DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: find who changed the data

find who changed the data

Hi all,

I do not have audit trail set on my database but I need to find out who has changed the data in a number of tables. These changes were done with a delete and update command. Is there a dictionary table that I can get details as to who and when the data was changed?

Thanks in advance,
    Leo
    leonard905
    leonard905@yahoo.com

Re: find who changed the data

Originally posted by leonard905
    Hi all,

I do not have audit trail set on my database but I need to find out who has changed the data in a number of tables. These changes were done with a delete and update command. Is there a dictionary table that I can get details as to who and when the data was changed?

Thanks in advance,
    Leo
    logminer, hope youn don't have alot of archive logs, have fun!
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message

Leo;

Listen to me very closely.

Call a meeting with all your developers. Show up fashionably late with a large gun, type is not too important but a .45 will do nicely. Calmly ask who implemented the changes while you gently polish the gun with a soft cloth, explain to them that their honesty would be appreciated greatly since you would have to suffer extensive efforts in order to track this down. Assure them that you WILL track this down and redemption will not be an option.

Even if this fails, they will think twice the next time. Also, feel free to sacrifice a few of them just as an exclamation, the job pool is plentiful and they will be replaced on Monday, no problem.

Ps. Without tracing on I don’t think there is a way to track this down.

SHOOT EM!!

MH
    I remember when this place was cool.

Originally posted by Mr.Hanky
    Leo;

Call a meeting with all your developers. Show up fashionably late with a large gun, type is not too important but a .45 will do nicely. Calmly ask who implemented the changes while you gently polish the gun with a soft cloth, explain to them that their honesty would be appreciated greatly since you would have to suffer extensive efforts in order to track this down. Assure them that you WILL track this down and redemption will not be an option.

Even if this fails, they will think twice the next time. Also, feel free to sacrifice a few of them just as an exclamation, the job pool is plentiful and they will be replaced on Monday, no problem.

SHOOT EM!!

MH
    That's more like it.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

I like that Mr. Hanky. But I'll try that if it affects my pay!
    leonard905
    leonard905@yahoo.com

Hey Slim (or anyone else) correct me if I'm wrong but if you don't have the Logminer process running in the background you can't get the DML back?
    Oracle it's not just a database it's a lifestyle!
    --------------
    BTW....You need to get a girlfriend who's last name isn't .jpg

Originally posted by OracleDoc
    Hey Slim (or anyone else) correct me if I'm wrong but if you don't have the Logminer process running in the background you can't get the DML back?
    No, you don't have to have anything "turned on" to use logminer. Logminer just reports on the archived redo log files. In fact, as long as you have a dictionary file, you can copy your archived log files to another box and analyze them there...
    Jeff Hunter

Originally posted by Mr.Hanky
    Leo;

SHOOT EM!!

MH
    Mr. Hanky, are you sure your name isn't "Dirty Harry"?

Now, where is that CNN-channel? I have a feeling some DBA is going to have his 10 minutes of fame!
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.