DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Database information report

Database information report

Hi Folks,

This is general abt the database.My management needs some graphical reports/statistics abt databases that we handle in our site.Can someone through some ideas and views what we can provide & how we can do it to give them a usefull and understandable information.

Thanks,

Donalds Burleson's book on STATSPACK may be of help to you.
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

Sanjay,

Thanks for ur advise/

I know that we can provide statspack report.Those reports can be understood by techi persons.Most of the management persons may not be techi...I would like to present them understandable.

regards

Originally posted by vinodkmg
    Most of the management persons may not be techi...
    Yeah, that's a general principle: "I don't have any technical knowledge, so I can be a manager."
    Look into OEM... Performance Overview, Performance Manager, Oracle Expert...
    If it can give you simplified enough / fancy results.
    Tomaž
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
    foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools" - Douglas Adams

You know, OEM should have a report called "pretty pictures for managers who don't really know what they want, but will be satisfied when they see this".

:-)
    Tom Best