DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can not install OUI

Can not install OUI

I am trying to patch 9.2.0.2 to 9.2.0.3 on a UNIX HP server. Patch instructions say that you must install the new Oracle Universal Installer first ... 2.2.0.18.0 and this is where I am having problems.

The server has Java 1.31 and 1.4 already installed. If I leave the oraparam.ini file as is pointing to the JRE within the patchset, I continuously get 'ERROR: can't find libjava.sl'

If I change the JRE_LOCATION within the oraparam.ini file to point to either the Java 1.3 or Java 1.4 I get a message saying that I need to install Java 1.3.1 or later.

I can do a find on libjava.sl and find its location and then set my PATH, SHLIB_PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and I still get can't find libjava.sl

Am i so caught up in my frustration that I am missing something simple? Anyone else had these problems?

Thank you!
    Steven
    soestx@aol.com
    OCP DBA 8, 8i; MCDBA; MCSE

In your /usr directory, what is java linked to? You may have 1.4 installed, but if /usr/java points to /usr/java1.2 (comes with Solaris 8, for example), that would be the problem. You can also work on the placement for Java junk in your path environment variable.
    Last edited by stecal; 05-27-2003 at 05:16 PM.