DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oracle hype for new features

I Agree with jovery, with the exponential growth in the industry we need all these new features to manage, manipulate and present the data. All software go through this phase when they release new features. With out these new features I might not be able to manage the data that I am managing now. They do need to hype the product to Market the product and do release the patches.

I've done OPS for a 911 phone system (running 3 years with no problems) and most recently a fair size ERP system on RAC for about six months now.

My complaints are the lack of support available. If you are doing development or maintenace on the weekend on RAC/OPS might as well forget about calling Oracle. The rac/ops guys are 9-5'ers monday to friday. Also OCFS is like driving by feel. The support on that is weak. Nonetheless I found that the clustering technology works as indicated, it just talkes me a little more dilligence to get the things setup. I believe as the technology matures hopefully so will support for the options develop to a higher standard.

stvee
    Last edited by stmontgo; 10-07-2003 at 05:29 PM.
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message