DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: if you are Oracle DBA, what will be your next learning track?

if you are Oracle DBA, what will be your next learning track?

suppose you are an OCP DBA. after this what will be your learning track & why?

hmm well you think an OCP DBA knows a lot? Too little

Originally posted by pando
    hmm well you think an OCP DBA knows a lot? Too little
    if OCP DBA is little than who knows lots? my q. is WHAT will be your NEXT learning track.

well if we talk about paper OCP DBAs then unfortunately it's like a student graduated from school

learn? I am learning everyday, not focusing myself to a path rather to job/industry/customer needs

what would be your learning track if you graduate from physics? now days I see many physicist programming, may be IT is the learning track?

While, personally, i think, since becoming a Oracle DBA,try to learn more on Oracle Technology, on all area of Oracle.

Definately, as we guys know, most of the Oracle DB run on Unix boxes.There's one area we can look into it.
    MCSE,MCDBA,MCSD,CCNA,CCDA,CCSA,CCSE, MCSA, SCSA, OCP

Re: if you are Oracle DBA, what will be your next learning track?

Originally posted by minhaz
    suppose you are an OCP DBA. after this what will be your learning track & why?
    Probably try to learn how to create a CV which can get me an interview for something other than certified potato picker (sorry, reference to previous thread).

May also try to get some knowledge of UDB since this is a primary competitor and most of my pre-Oracle experience is DB2. Also, since I'm on the 8i track, 9i new features would be a pre-requisite. But I'm dammed if I'm going to do anymore certs unless someone (employer) pays for 'em.

Cheers

Nick

Re: Re: if you are Oracle DBA, what will be your next learning track?

Originally posted by ngdh
    Probably try to learn how to create a CV which can get me an interview for something other than certified potato picker (sorry, reference to previous thread).

May also try to get some knowledge of UDB since this is a primary competitor and most of my pre-Oracle experience is DB2. Also, since I'm on the 8i track, 9i new features would be a pre-requisite. But I'm dammed if I'm going to do anymore certs unless someone (employer) pays for 'em.

Cheers

Nick
    i want your kind & ease suggestions. i need to know what should be my next. should i go for Unix, Solaris, Java or something else?

Re: Re: Re: if you are Oracle DBA, what will be your next learning track?

Originally posted by minhaz
    i want your kind & ease suggestions. i need to know what should be my next. should i go for Unix, Solaris, Java or something else?
    Minhaz,

What do above responses say ? Its personal preference cuz, each replied specific to their personality. DO what interest you most and make yourself do best in your day to day.

If I get that Q, I will be concentrating on Primary OS (UNix flavors) on which Oracle runs, After all you need to know your OS better to make sure your Database is running with Optimum performance. I don't feel like running towards Unix Admin every time I have some issues on OS.
    Reddy,Sam

I am planning on getting my Ph.D. in the migration patterns of the Orange Breasted Clay Pigeon.
    Jeff Hunter

Not saying that this is for everyone, but the hottest technologies to learn now (which compliment Oracle very well) are:

XML
    Java
    Web Services (Some XML and Java are prerequisites for Web Services)
    Edward Haskins, OCP
    OraKnowledge, Inc.
    www.oraknowledge.com

--"Live" Instructor-led Online Training for Oracle9i, Java and XML--