DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8i Certification

Hybrid View

8i Certification

Hi all,

I want to take up the 8i certification for Oracle.
    Can you anyone of you tell me how should i start and which books should i refer.
    Also please let me know the sites which provides the Cram Exams.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot and expecting to hear soon from someone.

Ravi(New member)

Personally, i think, try to get hold of the Oracle ILT training materials. I mean the offical study guides from Oracle 8i.

Install the software onto a PC, practise and understand all the labs. Disregard whenther is on Windows or Linux or Unix. Do it in a way, you feel comfortable with.

There's not much difference, if you install it on a windows machine. If you know how to admin the oracle from windows, you sure know how to admin it on a unix machine.

First, on a unix machine, you have to key in command in order to admin the Oracle. You can do it on windows,if you dun plan to use the GUI way, point and click. Go to the DOS ( command prompt ) mode, key in the command for Oracle, is the same way, you admin the Oracle on Unix. But, you have to know what are the commands to admin the Oracle.

The only difference, administration for Windows platform is different from unix, i believe you know tat. In unix, you have to do everything with commands. Very few GUI stuffs.

Among all the study guides from Sybex, Oracle press. Personally, i think they are not as good compare to Oracle ILT materials. They are far outreach for beginners or ppl who wish to learn Oracle. After finish the ILT materials, you can use the sybex or Oracle press for more further study. From there, i believe you will have a better understanding on Oracle.

All the bests to you.!!!!
    MCSE,MCDBA,MCSD,CCNA,CCDA,CCSA,CCSE, MCSA, SCSA, OCP

Just few days back i have taken the OCP exam PL/SQL Oracle 8 i track. i followed Sybex Books!!! These books can help u greatly in OCP certification course!!Good Luck

Books

Hi..
    The Books from SyBex serious will help u to clear first two papers with out problem..
    All the Best.
    RP Kumar
    You Can Win, if u believe Yourself