DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Application Security

Application Security

I have an application and this application had certain role to let to application to create the new user. when I log in as the admin user and create the new user I got the error invalid tablespace and the tablespace is in the database.

if I log in as the user with DBA privileges and create a new user and I have no problems.

I was wondering what privilege do I miss or I need to grant to the application admin???

Thanks

What all privileges your user has? can u list them to us. To create new User, one needs CREATE USER system privileges. Also the tablespace you are specifying for the user should exists.

Check dba_sys_privs, and dba_tablespaces for more information for the user who is trying to create new users.
    -- Dilip

The application admin was grant with one role let say ADMIN
    and that role had

GRANT ALTER USER TO ADMIN
    /
    GRANT CREATE ANY SYNONYM TO ADMIN
    /
    GRANT CREATE ANY TABLE TO ADMIN
    /
    GRANT CREATE USER TO ADMIN
    /
    GRANT DROP USER TO ADMIN
    /

when I log in as a user with DBA privilege, I created the new users with no problems.

hmm...that should have been enough. Log into SQL plus, and try to create a user. Post the exact syntax and error message you get. thanks.
    -- Dilip

I can't do that b/c the admin role was granted to application admin through the application so if I log him as through SQL plus that role won't be there.

Any other thoughts!!!!

ANY ONE ELSE HAD ANY SUGGESTIONS????

IF you revoke that 'ADMIN' role from user when he logs out from Application, For testing purpose, Try granting that 'ADMIN' role again from SQLPLUS.

What is your syntax(the one that is giving you problem) for creating user within the application. and What is the exact Oracle Error you get. These additional details would help someone over here to help you.
    -- Dilip