DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to Uninstall Oracle completely...

Hi all,
    I need to clean/uninstall Oracle 8.1.7 completely from windows NT/2000 Box. Could someone please provide me steps/links/articles that can help.

Also, Is physical deleting of oracle files the only option to clean oracle from machine? Installer seems to help very less.

TIA.
    -- Dilip

If you want to uninstall Oracle 8.1.7 you can do it using the Oracle Universal Installer (OUI). But OUI not delete all the Oracle Register entries in the Windows Regedit. If you want to
    to do it you can reinstall Windows or delete the entries manually editing Regedit.

u have to stop all the services related to oracle and then try removing all the physical files...

hi,
    look for Doc. ID 190096.1 in metalink:Manually Deinstalling Oracle from Windows.

Cheers.

I have for some reason (Which i forgot) abandoned the use of unistaller for uninstalling..Maybe newer releases might help thru this gui tool.

Do:
    1.Stop all the service(s)(Thru the config/services in the control panel)
    2.Kill the anyother oracle processes thru task manager(Be careful there).
    3. Delete the folder(s)--You may have to reboot for some little ddl's to be removed but you can wait with the rebooting.Go to step 4
    4.In the register(doing regedit) go to lokal mach/software/oracle and remove all the keys.
    5. Also remove/delete in the registry hkey_curent_config/current control set/services .. all oracle entries.
    Be pretty careful with the registry deletions.
    6. Now reboot and delete all the other little files which you coudn't delete in the oracle_home folder.
    7. Now you can re install the software.

Cheers!

Tarry
    Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---

Thanks everyone, Hany and Tary.
    I tried steps given in oracle Documentation but for some or other reason, there were few dll files which I was not able to delete inspite of stopping all services and deleting the instances. I restarted my machine and was able to delete them. But while I was reinstalling Oracle, these same files gave error message that they are in use. and I could ignore the message and go ahead with installation.

Anyways, I will go thru the steps again and hopefully metalink should be of help.

Thanks again.
    -- Dilip