DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oracle error 1658!!!

This is the error I get when doing an import. The Layout table has an extremly large amount of records. What is the best way to resolve this. In addition, when I fix this problem I want to be able to drop all user objects and import again with getting the same error.

Note.. There were 50 other tables in the imp (USERS Tablespace) that did import successfully

Oracle version 8.0.6

IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 1658:
    "CREATE TABLE "LAYOUT" ("LAYOUT_ID" NUMBER(10, 0) NOT NULL ENABLE, "PRINTER_"
    "TYPE" VARCHAR2(1) NOT NULL ENABLE, "NUM_OF_INS" NUMBER(10, 0) NOT NULL ENAB"
    "LE, "DATA_STREAM_LEN" NUMBER(10, 0) NOT NULL ENABLE, "TOTAL_DATA_LEN" NUMBE"
    "R(10, 0) NOT NULL ENABLE, "GENERATE_IND" VARCHAR2(1) NOT NULL ENABLE, "INSE"
    "RT_DATE" VARCHAR2(10) NOT NULL ENABLE, "LASTUPD_DATE_TIME" VARCHAR2(19) NOT"
    " NULL ENABLE, "LASTUPD_MICROSEC" NUMBER(10, 0) NOT NULL ENABLE, "REVISION" "
    "NUMBER(10, 0) NOT NULL ENABLE, "VERSION" NUMBER(10, 0) NOT NULL ENABLE, "DE"
    "SCRIPTION" LONG RAW) PCTFREE 10 PCTUSED 40 INITRANS 1 MAXTRANS 255 LOGGING"
    " STORAGE(INITIAL 35389440 NEXT 589824 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 400 PCTINCREA"
    "SE 0 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1 BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT) TABLESPACE "USERS""
    IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1658 encountered
    ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace USERS

Thanks,

Kevin

increase the space for the tablespace "USERS" or precreate the table with a smaller initial extent size.

You don't have enough contiguous free space. Either pre-create your table with a smaller initial extent and use ignore=y, or make more space in the USERS tablespace.
    Jeff Hunter

Or execute export(exp) whithout parameter :
    COMPRESS=y
    has to be :
    COMPRESS=N

Thanks, I will give your suggestions a try.