DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: General Problem

Hi there Guru's

I have a problem. I am looking after a development box. I did an export of the live database. The problem that i am facing @ the moment is that my development box isn't doing the correct thing as it does in the live enviroment, which means somewhere along the line i must have done something wrong. I want to do everything from scratch, now. What do you Guru's recommend? Do I drop everything and how, or what would you do in my situation?

General problem!

Hello,

Can you please post error message if possible? Information you posted in your thread is not enough for me or my friends(gurus) does not have a good lead to follow from the information you posted. Please be more specific ..

Explain step by step what you did and what is you are trying to do and at what point/step you are getting error message.

Cheers!!!

Mohammad Zahid
    Software Developer
    Database Management Applications.
    Vancouver, Canada
    E-mail: mzahid@shaw.ca

I am not getting any error messages. The thing is our Developers are using Orion, and they are getting error messages: Oracle Database error: -1
    This means absolutely nothing to me @ the moment. I was just thinking of doing all the imports from scratch.

Have you checked the log files from original export and import?
    David Knight
    OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g

After performing the export of ur producition database and importing it into ur development database u got this error or was this error occuring before that.

regards
    anandkl
    anandkl