DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: PROBLEM WITH PRIVILEGES

Let me explain the problem I am facing:

1)I have a user X who owns a package P1. I have a public synonym P1 for P1 and have granted ALL on P1 to PUBLIC.

2)I have another user Y who can only see the package specification of P1 but not the package body. Why is that? What is the work around. Kindly help me out.

[Edited by dbafreak on 05-06-2002 at 12:36 AM]

As long as Y has EXECUTE permission on the package, you're all set.
    Jeff Hunter

Originally posted by marist89
    As long as Y has EXECUTE permission on the package, you're all set.
    I have granted ALL. Why can't user Y see the body of the package but only the specification. What is the workaround?

Extending my explanation - when I log in as user Y and select text from all_source I can only see the specification. I dont see the body though I have granted ALL on the package P1.

I am also using TOAD through which I cannot see the code for P1 if I log in as Y. Please help me resolve the issue.

Its strange that none so far even commented, let alone whether at all there is any solution. Kindly atleast pass some comments as to whether there could be a feasible solution.

Its strange that none so far even commented, let alone whether at all there is any solution. Kindly atleast pass some comments as to whether there could be a feasible solution.

dont spam please

Originally posted by dbafreak
    Sure there is a feasible sollution.

It sounds strange, but user can only see the source code of a package body in ALL_SOURCE if
    a) he owns the package
    or
    b) he has been granted CREATE ANY PROCEDURE system priviledge

So grant CREATE ANY PROCEDURE to your user Y, either directly or through some role, and he'll be able to see the source code of package body P1.
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?

Originally posted by jmodic
    Originally posted by dbafreak
    Sure there is a feasible sollution.

It sounds strange, but user can only see the source code of a package body in ALL_SOURCE if
    a) he owns the package
    or
    b) he has been granted CREATE ANY PROCEDURE system priviledge

So grant CREATE ANY PROCEDURE to your user Y, either directly or through some role, and he'll be able to see the source code of package body P1.

Excellent!! the CREATE ANY PROCEDURE worked for me. Indeed its a little bizarre that none here (including gurus) could come out with this answer in the last 2 days. Thanks anyways.