DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Questions on Export

I'm doing a full export and I was just wondering if I need to do anything before exporting....like turn off constraints or disable triggers etc....

my exp parfile look like this

full=y
    direcdt=y
    file=whatever.dmp
    log=whatever.log
    feedback=5000
    filesize=2G

Any suggestions?

Depending on what you are exporting for the default for trigger, constraint, index and row data is Y and Oracle will handle whatever needs to be handled when importing.
    smiles off

Hi

I don't think that there is any problem with full database but as per your parameter , you should make note that Direct=Y method is not true for all database objects like the EXport will give errors for LONG columns if there is any in your database objects.

Also you are specifying the Filesize of 2G which is also default and if your export falls beyond this limit then it will fail as you have specified only a single datafile. so it is better to include more dump files as more files does not matter whether they are used of not

I ahave seen that Having too many triggers on a table can have significant time during the import and so if your table has many triggers , then that table import can take significantly more time then others.

So in Nutshell, there are more features available to speedup the process of Importing then Exporting.

Also If you are using Oracle Intermedia or Context feature, make sure that you are taking all the preferences/Policies been created manually during the Import as Export genarally Bypass all SYS type user

Good Luck
    Inderpal Johal