I am shifting my database which is currently running on windows NT server 4.0 to another machine with the same OS but a better configuration(more RAM and higher CPU speed).

(My current and new Oracle version are the same and i am using the same CD to do the installation)

While installing database(Oracle8i version 8.1.5) on my new server i chose custom installation and did not opt for creating a database while the installation process. After the installation was over i created a database using the DBA assistant , keeping the location of control files , redo logs and database files the same as my current installation. Then i took full database export from my current installation and imported the dump into the new database. The export and import both completed successfully.

After that i copied the init.ora file of the current installation to the new installation and restarted the database from services option in the NT Control Panel.

The service started successfully but when i tried to connect to oracle through SQL*PLUS i was not able to connect and it gave an error "Shutdown or initialization in progress".
By trial and error i tried to change the parameters in the init.ora of the new installation and when i changed the "compatible" parameter to "8.1.0" the database started successfully.

Now my problem is that when i am trying to take an full database export of new database i am getting the following error:

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 904 encountered
ORA-00904: invalid column name
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

I have run catexp.sql,catproc.sql and catalog.sql but i am still getting the error.
I am able to take export from exp80.exe(Oracle 8.0.4) but i am not able to take export using exp.exe(Oracle8i 8.1.5)
please advise. Any help will be welcome. Thanx in advance.