DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to recover DBA privilege

We lost one of our contractor's because off lay off . He is the only DBA on one database . When he left I tried to logon to the database . Non of users has DBA access . We don't know the internal password . How to get the DBA access ..We are trying to contact their consulting company , but mean time is their any solution to get into the database as DBA .. We know some accounts that has resource privilige ,I don't think that will really help me ...
    Raghu

How to recover...

Is the database on NT or Unix? If unix, you can log in as Oracle than use server manager to connect as internal, then reset the passwords for sys and system to what you want them to be. If on NT, I believe you can log onto the box as the administrator and again connect through server manager to reset the passwords. Hope this helps.

If all you want is to grant DBA to a user you can connect using Server Manager

Connect internal
    then grant dba to the user.

Should solve your problem.

Don't be afraid to try something new. Amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

check with this

Dear Friend

check with following commands.
    (if you have WINNT check it with this)

1) First delete the sid with following commands

oradim -delete -sid orcl

2) delete the operating system password file.

3) create same id with oradim

oradim -new -sid orcl -intpwd admin -startmode auto -pfile 'e:\orant\database\initorcl.ora'

if i am wrong please guide me.
    Rakesh Sanghvi

brhynold

Don't be afraid to try something new. Amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the titanic

wow..beautifully said.....