DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum Split

Hi guys,

I am kind of hippyish too.

But let me ask you, how many of you can get free tax or vat advice??

Please let me know.

The accountancy industry has survived because it is so insular.

I we are to do the same, then we need to look after our knowledge a bit better.

I realise that alll us DBAs our f**king intelligent. That is why we have got to where we are - along with our positive attitudes and confidence.

But it is about time we started protecting our skills before any old muppet starts claiming to be us.

See you later,

Kermit!!!!!

You might be having a point. But think, if there are no authors, where would a book come from? If there are no students where would be the teachers? . The evolution and involvement is necessary. If you don't share, then you would be just killing your ideas, and there would be no way for growth.

Looks like that you are hell bent on saving yourself, why would you have to worry, if you can prove that you have the tallent, then the opportunity would come knocking at your doors.

Personally, I have learn things through the great mind of others. Now its my opportunity to share my thoughts with the others. We all have in the past and present been, leading over lives, by stealing the brains of others, if they were to be copy righted where would you be now and where would I be, only god knows ...

I would be RICH today, but who knows whether I would be there to enjoy what I earned on "Tomorrow". Instead, I'ld rather enjoy now than today, share my ideas and thoughts with others and find the flaws and fix it.

Looks like too much of philosophy, but this is my take. Friend, that shows that you have acquired years, not the experience

Any opinions/critisizms welcomed, willing to learn, rather than teach... I'm still a baby, not a man...

Peace,
    Sam

[Edited by sambavan on 07-20-2001 at 08:13 PM]
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Thumbs up

Just a quick word on this ongoing thread - One of the greatest thing that distinguishes this forum from others is the great talent and experience and promptness with which new DBA's like myself learn from other members, especially the higly experienced Moderators of this forum. Please let's keep the high morale of the forum and try to refrain from attacking other members and be a bit careful with our choice of words. I have, and continue to learn so much from this forum and wish to see it stay here for a very very long time. Great job members and especially - to all the moderators Jeff, SAM, Pando, Chrislong et al....please help us filter fowl language from this distinguish forum
    roukie-dba

Originally posted by sambavan
    you have acquired years, not the experience
    Originally posted by sambavan
    Friend, you have grown, but you have a lot to learn.[/b]
    sambavan's new book - Zen and the art of Database Administration
    Jeff Hunter

Talking

LOL...............everbody has gone nuts here over such a stupid issue.........the forum need not be split at all coz of the simplest reason the forum provides a right mix of senior junior and experienced to dba to share the ideas.a senior dba maybe very good at tuning a Parallel query whereas he tweeny DBA may be good at tuning a CTX index..........when they come together they create the harmony for tuning ................the forum is just for that..

well anybody willing to buy Zen and the art of Database administration by sam.searched it on amazon and bookpool couldnt find it though..............lol

regards
    hrishy

Jeff & Hrishy,
    It sounds . I would persue it, to make some money.

Sam

[Edited by sambavan on 07-21-2001 at 01:47 AM]
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!