DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Split

Hey moderators!

How about splitting this forum into two?

One could be for experienced DBAs who wish to trade their extensive knowledge and experience.
    The other could be for the use of employees of companies who are two tight to go and hire a Dba or supply the necessary training.

Anyone who feels sorry for these poor souls and doesn't mind being out of a job in a few years could supply training within the latter forum, thus leaving qualified DBAs free to discuss the topics of their choice in the former.

What do you think?

Now, that's a pretty cavalier attitude considering your position in http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/sho...&pagenumber=10
    Jeff Hunter

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean Jeff??

There's nothing cavalier about it. It's merely a suggestion that I am sure others will agree with.

The quality of postings within forums in general is deteriorating.

In http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/sho...&pagenumber=10 you thought that it was "a load of utter tripe" that a DBA is not an entry level position. If that's true, you would be an advocate of NOT splitting the forum up into the "Haves" and the "Have Nots" so that inexperienced DBAs can learn from others.

And exactly how are you going to prevent those people that "are two tight to go and hire a Dba or supply the necessary training" from posting their questions in the forum for "experienced DBAs who wish to trade their extensive knowledge and experience"? In fact, I believe that the "experienced DBAs who wish to trade their extensive knowledge and experience" forum will become even more polluted because there will be so many posts by people who "are two tight to go and hire a Dba or supply the necessary training" that "experienced DBAs who wish to trade their extensive knowledge and experience" will get very frustrated.

Of course, I'm not "Super-Hero", nor am I "and I'm f***ing good at it to boot!!! ", so my opinion means didley anyway.
    Jeff Hunter

Lightbulb

Snif...sniff....I smell a bloodbath coming. I really hate to see that happen in this forum, it's so damn cliche'. I don't agree with a lot of peoples opinions or standards here either. Let's just try to keep the peace.
    MH

there is a suggestion, there is a response. let us have a peaceful discussion.
    At end, no matter what Forum style is, whoever feel not comfortable will visit other site.

so far, I like this site, I enjoy it.
    yes, I agree there are some very very "new" member have very basic question. But everyone of us went through the same learning exprience, why not give them a hand if you have some spare time.

Jeff,

In my previous posting to which you refer (bearing in mind that this is a new thread!!!!).

I refered to the comment:

"A DBA candidate with no College degree is definitely at a disadvantage. However, it's not something that can not be replaced by experience. If I was looking to fill a 2nd Jr. DBA slot, I might look at somebody that has 6 years in IT with 2 as a DBA."

....as being utter tripe. Please refer to that thread if you wish to continue that discussion.

I think that this thread has potential. If you have any constructive opinions to add to it please feel free to do so.

Kind regards,

In the past, I think we have had a blasting discussion on this issue. Sorry for not being able to pull it out of the archives as it has already been removed.

One thing Oddster, you might want to consider is that you have steped on the same path as the others to be at your current status. So, you shouldn't down grade the learners, because you too are a learner. From my personal view, this is is a good refreshing point to help the beginners, as I could recall, I was a beginner once.

I totally oppose to your opinion. My suggestion would be that keep going through this forum, and if you feel like participating, please do so, else, just pass.

Comming to talk about the concept of hiring, I personally have come across so many great minds, which doesn't even have any experience, but they all had one common thing, "the talent to solve problems". You have to know one thing, that is even the experienced, is prone to make mistakes, No body knows everything, and not every baby that comes into this world, walks immediatly upon their birth.

So, try to have a positive attitude. At last one small thought,
    Friend, you have grown, but you have a lot to learn.

Hmmm, looks like I have gone too far, but would always hold for the learner/beginners.

Peace
    Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

I totally agree with Sambhavan. Every time new people will come in as we did long back and they expect the same as we expected in the begening.

So encourage them and give them a hand and mean while learn what we don't know.
    Thanks
    Kishore Kumar

Hello Everybody,

Well said Sambavan.I dont agree with splitting the forum one for beginners and other for experienced people

Regards
    Santosh