DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tune Session

Hi
    My company wanna tune Oracle user sessions, but the copmany can't allow me to tune the sessions from the SERVER SIDE.
    Bcoz all the developer applications are run slow on workstations? They told me tune the application from workstations side?
    How I can tune the developers application from workstation side to improve the performance of the application.
    One of the big error is that, when a report run on sessions side the report builder is session is killed and log error show.
    How I can detect this error and improve the performance of report builder in heavy reports ?

Regards
    Mahmood.

you can attempt to run sqltracing on a session that would be performing the reporting duties. By doing so, you can then parse the trace files and see what exactly is being processed by Oracle and look at the explain plan.

Sometimes, larger reports need to be processed with a stored procedure and then have the report process against a temp table.

Good Luck

Hi!
    First Figure Out what you want to tune. Does the Problem with the reports or forms. If reports target the offending reports. If it ia long running, it is better to solve by stored procedure (as mentioined by rcherch).
    If it is forms find which is offending form. IF possible tune queries, LOVs , triggers etc.
    Regards
    There Nothing You cannot Do, The problem is HOW.

Thanx Sir
    I am new in this field plz sir guide me step by step,
    how I can run sqltrace and check these reports.
    Plz brief me about explain plan, and example of stored procedure and temp table.

Regards
    Mahmood.