DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle for beginners

Oracle for beginners

which is the best oracle certificate for beginner to start with in database?

Quote Originally Posted by deco View Post
    which is the best oracle certificate for beginner to start with in database?
    OCA is the entry level certification.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Hi,

Hi PAVB,
    Thanks for teh correct information. I wanted to the an OCA course through instructor led training. Is this a good idea?

Thanks for teh correct information. I wanted to the an OCA course through instructor led training. Is this a good idea?
    There is not such a thing as an OCA course, I'll suggest to start by checking the certification path... http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_..._org_id=&lang=

Hope this helps.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Hi,

Start from scratch. Start from SQL and after that go for DBA.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Gitesh Trivedi
    Dbametrix Solutions
    Database DBA support

Hi!!

Thanks for your prompt reply. Can anyone informme about boot camps?

Where?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Preferably in Asia. Training cost is much lower in Asian countries like India as compared to US or UK.

Preferably in Asia. Training cost is much lower in Asian countries like India as compared to US or UK.
    So... how about bing for boot camps in India? isn't that a brilliant idea?
    Last edited by PAVB; 12-03-2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: typo
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Boot camps in India

Though Boot camp seems to be a nice option,If anybody attended a training through Boot camps. Are they really as impressive as they look? Feedback appreciated!