DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: synchronise data

synchronise data

Hi folks,

we have production database 11.2.0.3.0 which is RAC mode & user by name PRDODTA in the Database which has several tables & develpoment database 11.2.0.3.0 which is also RAC mode & user by name CRPDTA which has several tables. so my question is here how to refresh data periodically from production to developement.
    i know dblink is the way but any one could assits me the whole scripts or dbms job

i have created db link from dev DB (user crpdta) to prod (user proddta)

At Dev side
    >create database link refresh
    connect to proddta identified by password
    using to-prod;

thanks & regards

When I supported customers who run JD Edwards, I used data pump export and import to refresh the CRPDTA/CRPCTL schemas from PRODDTA/PRODCTL. If you have Enterprise edition, then compression=ALL and PARALLEL=8 can help depending on how many cores your prod server has compared with your test server.

synchronize data

Hi gandolf,

Our requirement is to refresh data (i mean DML or DDL operations) from production database schema's to developement database periodically. could you assits me the complete way how the task to be done.
    By the way you said " I used data pump export and import to refresh the CRPDTA/CRPCTL schemas from PRODDTA/PRODCTL" , i think it will be used for only compression, make he job easy.

Thanks & regards.

Quote Originally Posted by younusdba View Post
    By the way you said " I used data pump export and import to refresh the CRPDTA/CRPCTL schemas from PRODDTA/PRODCTL" , i think it will be used for only compression, make he job easy.
    By the way... I think you should read about expdp and impdp.

1. expdp the schema on PROD
    2. FTP the dump file to DEV host
    3. Drop schema on DEV host
    4. Create schema on DEV host
    5. impdp dump file into DEV schema
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.