DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OCA certifcation

OCA certifcation

Hi. I am a Software developer.

I want to do OCA certification. But which one is better? OCA with Oracle 9i or 10g?

Pls reply.

dont both with 9i, its old (by the way OCA is pretty worthless)

Oracle 10g

I earned my OCA cert back in Dec. of last year...I was pleased but get no more recognition when I am in search for Oracle related work than before. I passed my OCP cert exam last month and still no recognition..though I must complete the expensive hands on course to be an actual OCP... I would suggest going for the 10g

how did you guys prepare for the OCA, is there an exam guide hand book you guys use? if so which one? any suggestions would be awesome. i currently graduated with my Bachelors in Computer Information Systems with a concentration on Database administration. I have zero work experience and would like to get some certifications to have under my belt.

It seems like you are asking if you should learn how to maintain Edsel's or Studebaker's, neither is very current. IMHO, you should look at 11g and 12c, not 9i and 10g. Although having said that I am still supporting 7.3.4 and 8.1.7.

Quote Originally Posted by charles guray View Post
    how did you guys prepare for the OCA, is there an exam guide hand book you guys use?
    The site http://www.oraclecertificationprep.com/ has a great deal of links to information specific to individual tests. It includes links to free study sources like the documentation relevant to the specific exam, as well as links to third-party books, and other preparation materials (that are not free).