DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: set timeout for a particular query in Oracle

set timeout for a particular query in Oracle

Is there any way to set timeout for a particular query in Oracle. I've seen threads which guides us to set time out as a whole using Profiles, Resource Manager properties etc. In our application, a query connecting to different interface using a DB link. Sometime the external servers does not responds and no exception is thrown. So need to set time out in such a way that, the transaction should be terminated incase of it exceeds 2

Quote Originally Posted by PradeepaM View Post
    Is there any way to set timeout for a particular query in Oracle. I've seen threads which guides us to set time out as a whole using Profiles, Resource Manager properties etc. In our application, a query connecting to different interface using a DB link. Sometime the external servers does not responds and no exception is thrown. So need to set time out in such a way that, the transaction should be terminated incase of it exceeds 2
    IF, particular query can be executed by a particular Oracle account then it is possible to create a PROFILE to be used for the account running the offending query then everything that can be set at PROFILE level enters back into the game.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Its sure.I will do my query its going wrong.what happening?