DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alert log timestamp format

Alert log timestamp format

Hi,

After Oracle rel 10.2.0.5.0 oracle writes into the alert.log file in following form

Thu Jul 15 13:31:00 CST 2010 ORA-16038: log 1 sequence# 145 cannot be archive

Is it possible to change time stamp form so it will skip the time zone ?

so that instead of Thu Jul 15 13:31:00 CST 2010 it will write Thu Jul 15 13:31:00 2010

Thank you

as far as I know, no such option available. however, just curious to know why do you need to change alert log time format?

Thanks,
    Vijay Tummala

Try hard to get what you like OR you will be forced to like what you get.

No I don't really need it. My monitoring script that has been running for last 10 years started to fail after we patched oracle to 10.2.0.5.0 . But that's ok I will change it. I was just curious.

Thanks for replay!

Quote Originally Posted by zam View Post
    No I don't really need it. My monitoring script that has been running for last 10 years started to fail after we patched oracle to 10.2.0.5.0 . But that's ok I will change it. I was just curious.
    You are not alone Added timezone even got other Oracle products off guard - check Bug #10170020
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.