DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Standby Database configuration

Standby Database configuration

Q. while issue ' Resistor Database' command on catalog database, If we have 3 Databases then how a Catalog Recognize specific database name?

Q. how to resistor tape drive and take tape backup on it? RMAN ?

Please send me replay on paradise_437@yahoo.com

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by athaullah View Post
    Q. while issue ' Resistor Database' command on catalog database, If we have 3 Databases then how a Catalog Recognize specific database name?

Q. how to resistor tape drive and take tape backup on it? RMAN ?

Please send me replay on paradise_437@yahoo.com
    Resistore? is an unknown rman command.
    The way rman recognizes the database is because of what you wrote in the 'CONNECT TARGET' command.

PS: What has this to do with "Standby Database configuration"?
    Last edited by LKBrwn_DBA; 01-16-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

Q. please send me upgrade document files for Oracle Application 12.0.4 to 12.1.1 & 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 on Linux EL-5 64-bit paltform on paradise_437@yahoo.com

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by athaullah View Post
    Q. please send me upgrade document files for Oracle Application 12.0.4 to 12.1.1 & 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 on Linux EL-5 64-bit paltform on paradise_437@yahoo.com

thanks
    There is a website that has everything that you want to know... http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/index.htm

hello gandolf I' am guillermo i nedd why you answer the question

hello gandolf I'am Guilleromo I nedd Answer the question please?

Quote Originally Posted by programador2013 View Post
    hello gandolf. I'm Guilleromo I need an answer to the question, please?
    Are you asking me to give you complete directions on upgrading Oracle Applications from 12.0.4 to 12.1.1 & 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 on Linux EL-5 64-bit platform? Oracle Application upgrades are very complex and can take months to complete. No one can tell you everything that you need to know in order to do the upgrades that you are asking about, unless they specialize in Oracle Applications and are familiar with the way in which your company is using Oracle Applications. For example what modules are installed, what modules are being used, how much custom code do you have, etc, etc, etc. You either know how to upgrade Oracle Applications or you don't. You can't fake the knowledge that you need.

I think the RMAN command you're looking for is REGISTER, not resistor. A resistor is an electronic device used for regulating electrical current flow. When you register a database with an RMAN catalog rman knows about that database. Does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by csimmons View Post
    I think the RMAN command you're looking for is REGISTER, not resistor. A resistor is an electronic device used for regulating electrical current flow. When you register a database with an RMAN catalog rman knows about that database. Does that help?
    ' Resistor Database' is useless!!!!!!! I think that the original poster needed more help than how to register a database in RMAN. Hopefully he has figured out that part in the last two weeks.