DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: next question

I'm developing a form that has a master and detail block to assign instructors to classes. I have developed a
    push button that will update the new table with the class and the instructor assigned. I'm having trouble writing the trigger "when button pressed". I have used an select into statement and insert into statement and nothing will compile to update this table. Can someone offer some suggestions.

You don't need any button or sql update statement. If you used the data block wizard to connect to your database (even if you connect to a non-Oracle DB), the default functionality will insert the records appropriately. Simply allow the users to insert rows into the child table by editing text items in the form. Of course, if the instructor does not yet exist, it will be necessary to insert and save the instructor before attempting to add a class to that instructor . . .

If that doesn't help, email the fmb to me at oracle_dev2000@hotmail.com and I'll get into it for you . . .

Just let me know in more specific form the functionality you seek.