Does anyone have information on comparisons for
TOAD vs OEM or other tools .. We are looking at
buying some 3rd party tools to help us.. but need
good comparison information that would show each
tool and its competitors options etc...
To be frank, I have no knowlege of how TODE/EZSQL works. In the past, having some conversations with some of my frinds on the same field, I learnt that TODE is kind of hard to configure. But has some cool funck gui features. EZSQL NO Idea!!
Now coming to talk about the OEM, got some idea .
1. It is an oracle product.
2. No need to caugh out extra money. Comes with the Oracle Packages.
3. Being a product of oracle, intergration is smooth, but full of Larry's promises
4. Does not support all features that are available on windows on its unix platform editions.
5. You can create event triggers to monitor your instance and fire a message to your pager or to an email a/c
6. Can do backup and recovery using RMAN.
7. Can create batch jobs.
8. Can graphically generate charts on the database performance (Only available on the oracle performance tuning pack, comes with OEM bundle, seperate CD. works only on Bill's product Windows)
Since it is free with oracle, I would go for it. Remember, it is not worth the while to totally depend on these GUIs to run the database. It would be allways good if you know the command level approach. This was only a suggestion.
One of the things that EZSQL users really like is that if they have a feature request, all they have to do is ask. 9 times out of 10 I'll have the enhancement available within a week. What are the odds of that happening with OEM or TOAD?