DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Replication problem

Question

Hello,

I've got a 8.1 database on a server and i want to relicate it on another server.

My database files are under D:\oracle\oradata\myDBname on a server
    and i want to replicate it on C:\oracle\oradata\myDBname on the other server.

I did copy all files from D:\oracle\oradata\myDBname to C:\oracle\oradata\myDBname but when i try to open the database i've got error: it's not possible to identify or lock the datafile 1 D:\oracle\oradata\myDBname\system01.dbf

I tried to create D:\oracle\oradata\myDBname on the second server and to put it this file but i still got the same error...

What should i do to replicate this correctly.
    Thank you very much

Olivier

Hi,
    The error it is showing is because u have not shutdown ur database and copied the datafiles to the other server.This error happens when u try to copy the datafiles from onse server to another without shutting down the database.
    The remedy to the problem is shut down ur primary database ,copy the datafiles to the another server.Copy the datafiles to the same destination as the original one.If ua re changing the path then startup the instance and mount the database and change the path and open the database.
    In case of any help please be free to ask to me at rohitsn@altavista.com

Regards,
    Rohit Nirkhe,Oracle DBA,OCP 8i
    rohitsn@altavista.com

I guess you are trying to clone a database not implement oracle replication feature.