DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lost system datafile

Hi Folks,

Now i am able to connect as internal. I added this username in ora_dba group and now it's allowing me to connect internal.

I lost the G drive on this box.

system datafile, control_1 file and archive_log_1 files is there in this drive.

I have archive02 destination another drive(F). That's is fine.

So i went into the backup and moved the system datafile into G drive. I edited the init.ora file and removed the control_1 line from the file.

So now i need you people help. What i have to do? This is not the production database but i want to try to recover as much as i want. Even i am not sure which is the
    last backup(successed)? So i need some body who are familiar with WINDOWS 2000 and oracle 8.1.7. Please give me steps to recover from cold backup and recover steps from hot backup. Thanks.
    sree

Thanks to guys.

Thanks to everybody. The real problem is

I connected as a user, That user have the admin privs but he is not in the ora_dba group. That's the real problem. At last i added him in the ora_dba group and connected internal.

I restored all the files from the hot backup and recovered the databases. Everything is fine. Thanks for your responce.

sree