can somebody tell me how to do the following.
let's say we have a user name test;
create table a( a int primary key);
create table b( a int references a(a));
then how can i get a ER diagram automatically for this scenario by using designer 6i?
can you give me step by step example.
somebody tell me using import, but i don't know how to
do that exactly.
There're good explanation in designer help-> Design Capture.
1) In Designer, create a new application
2) Use Design Editor -> DBA admin, create the database, user information in designer repository.
3) Use Design Editor -> Server Design Module, from the pull-down menu, choose Generate-> Capture Design -> Server Model
4) Fill in the database connection information and select objects to reverse-engineer into the 'database' in designer
5) Once you've successfully capture tables information from database, in ER Diagrammer pull-down menu, choose Utilities -> Table to Entity Retrofit and you will get the ER diagram.
Hope this helps.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width