DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intalling Oracle Reports

Hi,
    I was wondering if intallation of Oracle reports needs to be done in a new home always or its me who is having these problems.

This si what i am trying to do.

I have 2 Oracle Homes on my Windows 2000 system. One has Oracle 8.1.7 installed and the other Oracle 8.0.5.

I am trying to Install Oracle Reports Developer/Server 6i, Release 2 for NT.

First I tried to Install it in the Home where 8.1.7 is installed and it gave me an error

"The Location specified ,"C:\Oracle\ora81" , is already used as an Oracle home for Oracle 817 production.
    It cannot be used as an Oracle Home for nt."

Then I tried to install it under the Home where Oracle 8.0.5 is installed and selected to install Oracle Reports server. Then it said database conflict detected.
    "Oracle has detected a release 8.0.5.0.0 database in Oracle Home in which You are installing. If you proceed with your installation , Required Support files 8.0.6.0.0-1154153 over the required support files %registeredRSFVersion% and break your existing database. If you wish to keep this database intact try installing it into a new oracle Home".

Please suggest what shoulld I do.

Thanks
    Anurag

Oracle instructs that Developer (Forms, Reports . . . ) be installed before any other Oracle product. The reason is that developer must be installed in it's own oracle_home, but it will not allow you to create a new oracle_home if there is an existing oracle_home on that machine.

Unless the most recent versions of developer fixed this (Oracle claims it will eventually be fixed), you can't do that. The version of DB isn't the problem. Any other Oracle_Home will stop the install unless/until they "fix" this error in Developer.

I was able to Install Reports 6i into a different Oracle Home.

Thanks
    Anurag