DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Creating Graphs from Data in Oracle Tables

Hi,

Right now we use Excel to connect to Oracle and then create the graphs which we store as Images and then finally saved to be displayed on our web site.

This whole process is manual and consumes a lot of time and has to be done daily.
    Is there any tool which automates this and the graph automatically gets updated on the web site.

Our database is Oracle 8.0.5 and we are using OAS 4.0.8.

Please suggest.

Thanks
    Anurag

USE DEVELOPER 2000
    IT HAS ORACLE GRAPHICS IN IT CREATING GRAPHS FROM DB TABLES

Hi,
    How will using Developer 2000 help me in automating my graph creation process.

Thanks
    Anurag

More info needed. . .

This is a common problem, with several possible solutions. The "correct" answer is the one that integrates most easily with your exisitng solution.

What strategy have you chosen for serving dynamic content? That is, excluding graphics, how do you post the results of a query to your clients? This can be done with Oracle Application Server, Java Servlets, JSP, ASP, PHP, Cold Fusion and doubtless a few more. Many of these technologies have graphics libraries either built-in by default or available, and you can always code your own.

For example, I'm partial to using servlets for dynamic content . Since java doesn't have a built-in business graphics package, I wrote a number of classes to build attractive graphs and save them as gif or jpg images, which are delivered to the client as part of the response. This is clean, fast and I'm happy. BUT, if I were using Cold Fusion as my primary solution, trying to call a bunch of server-side java to add a graphic would be a poor solution.

If you can provide a bit more information on the rest of your process, you'll get more specific help.

Hi,
    We are using Oracle application server 4.0.8 and the dynamic content is basically generated by pl/sql web toolkit/catridges.

The backend database is Oracle 8.0.5.

Please suggest.

Thanks
    Anurag

Unhappy

Please help me guys. This is really important for me.

Thanks
    Anurag