i added a datafile to temp tablespace temp02.dbf
then i gave the cmd alter database datafile offline drop to drop the older one which lot of fragmentation.
and error of the kind ora3232.
then i removed it physically.
the dba_data_files still showed the temp01.dbf as available.
and queries started failing due to non-availability of temp01.
under v$datafile temp01 appeared as recover status and 0 bytes.
even under dba_free_space all records of temp01 are appearing with the original file id of 4.
recover datafile or tablespace or database are also
it's an impasse now
[Edited by deswal_aja on 04-11-2001 at 07:42 PM]
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width